How can you prevent or help locals teaching them prevention actions:
- Turn pails and watering cans over and store them under shelter.
- Remove water in plant pot plates. Clean and scrub the plate thoroughly to move mosquito eggs. Avoid the use of plant pot plates, if possible.
- Loosen soil from potted plants to prevent the accumulation of stagnant water on the surface of the hardened soil.
- Do not block the flow of water in scupper drains along common corridors in HDB estates. Avoid placing potted plants and other paraphernalia over the scupper drains.
- Cover rarely used gully traps. Replace the gully trap with non-perforated ones and install anti-mosquito valves.
- Cover bamboo pole holders after use. Rainwater can potentially accumulate in these bamboo pole holders if they are uncovered and create a habitat.
- No tray or receptacles should be placed beneath and or/ on top of any air-conditioning unit so as not to create a condition favourable for mosquito breeding.
Every other day
- Change water in flower vases. Clean and scrub the inner sides of vases. Wash roots of flowers and plants thoroughly as mosquito eggs can stick to them easily.
Once a week
- Clear fallen leaves and stagnant water in your scupper drains and garden. These leaves could collect water or cause blockages to the drains, thus resulting in the buildup of stagnant water.
- Clear any stagnant water in your air cooler unit.